Sunday, October 16, 2011

Goree Island, Senegal


On our ferry ride out to Gorée island, I took a couple pictures from the ferry.
View of a hill-top restaurant from below.
View of the ramp leading up to the top of the island.

There are no cars on Gorée island. These narrow cooridors between walled courtyards are all there are for the limited foot traffic.

I must be an American (I am) from the city (I'm not). I've never seen so much livestock living right alongside people. I've also never seen so many goats.
The entrance to the fort.
You can research Gorée island for yourself. Its history is long and generally not very pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.