Monday, October 19, 2015

Charity Quilting: No Scrap Left Behind

I had a collection of 6" scrappy blocks and some trimmings from quilt backings that I handed over to Quilts for Kids a couple months ago because I knew I wouldn't have the time to make them into quilts.  These two quilts came from that stack of blocks.  Another member of the group pieced these tops together.
First was this lively quilt that I quilted with a simple meander.
Then I decided I wanted to make some of these fun flowers.
These are quick and easy to quilt and I think the resulting texture is great.
Here is the quilt with flowers.  I handed both of these over to another member of Annapolis Quilts for Kids for binding.  Quilt Count:  34 and 35
Because I need to play a little catch-up and I didn't take photos of all the quilts I've turned in, here is a stack of quilts that I sent off to Annapolis Quilts for Kids in early October.  Three of these were shared, and at least one wasn't in the bag when I took the photograph.

Quilt Count:  38

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.