Friday, October 2, 2015

Knitting Along

I picked up some yarn at the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival in the spring.  I picked up two skeins of this lovely yarn from Avalon Spring Farms.  I love the blues and greens.  They remind me of the ocean.  The colors range from a shifting turquoise like in the Caribbean to the greens of New England waters, and the deep dark blue of the North Atlantic deeps.
I borrowed my friend's ball winder and swift for this.  Usually I don't mind hand-winding the ball, but I wanted to take this with me on business travel so I didn't have the time.  What am I knitting you ask?

I can't show you the details of what I have knit since this is a Mystery Knit Along.  The pattern is from Curious Handmade and written by Helen Stewart.  I saw a post on Instagram for the Summertide Shawl Mystery Knit Along and was intrigued.  So intrigued I shared it with my friend who joined.  I couldn't leave her without moral support, so I joined in, too.  

I'm still poking along on clue number two.  The KAL is only four clues so I might still catch up before the end of the KAL.  Have you found any fun knit along or sew along projects to jump into now that the kids are back at school?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.