Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Wardrobe Wednesday: River Run Shawl Finish

Long ago in May I told you about my trip to the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival and some fun yarn I picked up.
As makes go this one went much more quickly than I expected.  I love the waves of color.  I'm glad I decided to add the solids to the selection of yarns for this shawl.  So much going on here.
It turned out a little larger than I had expected.  Here it is before blocking (not that I'm sure blocking will do much for some of the synthetic yarns in the mix).
Free-form knitting is a liberating and terrifying in about equal measure.  I'm really glad I tried this pattern.
As the pattern recommended, I used Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind-Off technique.  I recommend you watch a tutorial before trying this one.  It isn't difficult, I think you should practice before you start mucking about with live stitches.  I know I'm glad I watched it a couple times.

Pattern:  River Run Shawl (available on Ravelry)
Yarn:  Biggie from Dancing Leaf Farm and Wool of the Andes - Superwash from Knit Picks 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.