Friday, December 2, 2016

2016 Mystery Quilt: Clue #1

This will by third foray into the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt world.
In late October she shared her color choices for the 2016 Mystery Quilt called En Provence. As I have in past years, I've selected my own colors to make this mystery my own. It worked out great for my last two (Grand Illusion and Allietare) so I was pretty confident when picking different colors this year. To learn about the En Provence mystery I recommend you head over to Bonnie Hunter's website and read all about it under the En Provence tab. I won't repeat it here.
I was feeling pressed for time, so I picked a single print for each of my colors. That was going great until the first clue came out. Then I had to race to the store and buy all those black-on-white prints. They are something I don't have much of, so it wasn't that traumatic. I've since added a couple more prints to the stack but you get the general idea from this photo.
I took my time, and a couple days, to stitch up clue number one.
As I usually do, I made more than I needed, but only by a handful. If you want to know how many are required, I'll just point you right back to Quiltville.
Quiltville's Quips & Snips
If you haven't joined in, there is still plenty of time to get started. Don't delay, the pattern is only free for a short time.

If you want to see some of the other great mystery quilts you need to go check out the link party hosted on Bonnie's site.

Day 2 of the 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Love the blocks! And thank you so much for being part of the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking good so far, Becca! I love the pops of colors you've chosen to go with the black and white prints. It's going to be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.