Thursday, December 22, 2016

Bricks and Stepping Stones - A Finish!

I shared part of my process for Bricks and Stepping Stones last week.
As I said, this free pattern from Bonnie Hunter can be found on her blog Quiltville.
I spent what seemed an enormous amount of time, and ten bobbins worth of thread, to quilt this queen-sized quilt. Quilted with So Fine! #50 from Superior Threads. I want to say that I don't get to quilt with red thread very often, but I think I'm almost half-way through the 3000+ yard cone.
This is the point where I get excited about the finish.
See all that red thread? More important - the texture the quilting created. I picked up the backing fabric locally at Spring Water Designs. I think they have the best selection of wide backings within 30 minutes of my house.
There is so much movement on this quilt with all the prints. The only fabric I purchased specifically for this quilt was the backing fabric. All the rest came from my collection of fabrics.
Labeled and bound and ready for the bed. I'm glad this one won't be going on the UFO list for 2017. I should put that on my list of things to do over the holiday. There are some PHDs around here that seriously need to be done!

Day 22 of the 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge.

Definitions:
UFO - Un-Finished Object
PHD - Project Half Done

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.