Saturday, December 24, 2016

Knitting Update: Garter Breeze

I've been working on this shawl for a quite a while now. I started it back in early November.
The pattern is Smooth Move from Stephen West.
I went a little off-pattern by making it with sport weight yarn and I may have overdone it. The i-cord bind off that is done after all the knitting is done seemed to take forever. I took this project with me in the car and on at least one business trip. Don't let wasted time be wasted.
I was so glad that I was nearing the end that I had to crow about it on Instagram a little.
Then, I realized I would have to weave in all those ends. I continue to leave projects aside, hoping the weaving-in fairies will come along and lend a hand. It seems they are particularly busy this time of year and were unable to help.
A bit of time in front of the television and the job was done. Not so bad after all.
I pinned and blocked and realized that I should have changed the number of cast-on stitches when I decided to use sport weight Knit Picks. The longest edge is 150 inches! This yarn is no longer available but they do have some Hawthorne sport multi that looks amazing!

Remember, time you spend riding in a car, waiting at the doctor's office, or waiting for your plane, bus or train, is time you could be using to create. I knit while waiting for dinner to come to the table at a restaurant. There are moments all over your day that you can use to make things. Don't let that time be wasted!

Day 24 of the 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.