Thursday, December 8, 2016

Patience and Quilting

A friend of mine asked me to quilt this quilt for her. I don't do this often and it takes a big portion of patience to wait for me to do such a thing. Yes. I quilt most days. I do not however, do it on a schedule and being on a schedule makes me rebellious. This one has been hanging around for more than a couple months waiting for me to be inspired.
A real beauty made entirely with batiks. Such pretty fabric. Beautiful piecing, too.
I picked this lovely light blue thread for the quilting. It is subdued enough to melt into the backing and not overpower the top. I used So Fine! #50 for the top thread and Omni for the bobbin, both from Superior Threads. This is my preferred combination of threads.
I went with a kind of open-center swirl for the motif. I think Christina Cameli calls this one Bear Claws in her Craftsy class Wild Quilting. It gives the quilt loads of texture and I really like the movement it adds to the quilt.
I've bundled it up and sent it home with its maker.

Day 8 of the 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.