Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Quiltville Mystery Quilt 2016: Clue #6 and #7

After the holidays I got distracted and I just realized i hadn't updated for the last two clues and the reveal of En Provence! from Bonnie Hunter on her blog Quiltville. I participated the last couple years with Grand Illusion and then Allietare and really enjoyed the process. I've shared my weekly progress on clue #1clue #2clue #3, clue #4, and clue #5
Part six was where I got to learn how to use my rulers to make the quarter-square triangle blocks. I have to admit, I like these way more than I thought I would. The rulers (Easy Angle and Companion Angle) make these so easy and they do come out with the minimum of waste, and little trimming is required.
This almost-red orange is one of my favorites of this quilt. I was very pleased to find that I had more than a few of this dark color in my collection.
These piece up rather quickly.
I knew we were getting close to the reveal when my bin was almost overflowing.
Clue seven was more quarter-square triangle blocks.
All of the pieces stacked up and ready for the next step. Next time I'll share the reveal and my blocks.

As always, I've learned a few things from the mystery quilt experience. I highly recommend you take a chance on yourself at least once and try one of these quilts. Breaking any project down into manageable pieces like this takes the anxiety down a level and you would be amazed at what you can accomplish.

Note from Bonnie's blog Quiltville: "Clues will be available until February 1st, 2017.  After this date, the pattern will be available as a digital download in the Quiltville Store."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.