Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Tool Tip: Magic Pressing Mat

My Darling Husband and I don't wait until the holidays to give each other things that we think the other will like. This past holiday season was no different.
DH did see this pressing mat on Massdrop and thought I might like it. It arrived before the holidays and I did put it to use.
The Magic Pressing Mat is a generous size (12" by 18") and does provide a nice surface for pressing. After some searching on the internet, I found a description that says it is made of wool felt fabric, though I couldn't find that information on the packaging. The packaging states "natural fiber construction". 
I will be using this. It provides a nice surface that will grip the fabric just a little to prevent pressing pieced blocks out of shape. It maintains heat, too.

The only thing I don't like is that it is only 12" on the short side. Many, many quilt blocks are 12.5" by 12.5" so you will have to reposition your blocks while pressing. Not a major problem. I just wish it was available in a larger, square size, say 18" by 18".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.