Friday, May 19, 2017

Cutting Out a Cherry Christmas

The May 2017 UFO Challenge was number 3. Spring Water Designs is keeping me on-track to finish so many things this year.
That means it is time to pull out some holiday fabric and get stitching. I have entirely too much holiday fabric and holiday quilts make great gifts.
I picked up this tumbler template a couple years ago at a great little shop in Connecticut.  Stitch Chicks was a wonderful little shop with amazing staff. If you are in the area I recommend you check them out.
I trimmed my huge stack of charm squares. I'm going to set these tumblers off to the side of my sewing machine and use them as leaders and enders for other projects. If you don't know what leaders and enders are you need to check out Bonnie Hunter's blog Quiltville or one of her books Adventures with Leaders and Enders or More Adventures with Leaders and Enders.
This is the stack of bits that will be donated to be added to pet beds at a local shelter. Even my waste fabric doesn't go to waste.

Are you staying on track to finish up projects in 2017?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.