Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Knitting Update: Tilted Cowl

Since we took a trip to Las Vegas to get re-married by Elvis I needed a travel knitting project. I spent entirely too much time going through my Ravelry library trying to find something that would be a good travel project. I finally settled on the Titled Cowl (pattern available on Ravelry). This was originally a mystery knit along, but I didn't find the time to cast on during the mystery. I decided it would be a good use of these two balls of Knit Picks Chroma Twist, fingering weight.
I cast on at the gate waiting for our first flight. 
By the time we boarded I was well on my way. 
Somewhere over the middle of the country I finished the first section.
Then joined in the round to work section 2. 
I didn't plan for this section to be this subtle, 
You almost can't see the single row striping in this section. 
On the return flight I started working on section 3. Now the color is shifting through my second ball of yarn. The gradual stripes are perfect for this pattern. This will be my carrying around project for a while until I finish it. Working with Chroma Twist makes me think I should pick up some Chroma Twist Bulky. I bet the hats would be amazing!

Pattern: Tilted Cowl by Jenny F
Yarn: Knit Picks Chroma Twist Fingering
Needles: Knitter's Pride 4/3.5mm Dreamz Fixed Circular Needles, 32"

1 comment:

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.