Monday, December 18, 2017

Mystery Quilt: On Ringo Lake

Time for part 4!


I've participated in the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt a few years now. Check out my posts for clue #1clue #2, and clue #3. You'll also find links to the link party Bonnie hosts each week at the bottom of each post. I was a little behind before the weekend but I managed to catch up. This isn't a race, though. There are people still working on Orca Bay (that pattern can be found in Bonnie Hunter's book String Fling). My goal is to post a update every Monday so I can link up with the weekly link party. 
So many tiny pieces! Head over to Bonnie's blog for all the details on how to cut, sew and press these units. 
These went pretty quick after I worked through clue #3. That one was a challenge. I may have to add these units to some half-square triangle blocks and see how I can work them into a design. They are really easy to do accurately with the right tools. 
I can now add these to the bin with the rest of clues. I always feel like we're making great progress when the bin starts filling up. 

Cutting tools: Wrights 4.5" Easy Angle and Creative Grids 6.5" Square

Linking up with Bonnie's link-party. Check out her post On Ringo Lake Mystery Monday Link-Up, Part 4 (link will be active when I get a chance to link it up) to see all the other links people are sharing. Hundreds of quilters link up to share their progress.

8 comments:

  1. I enjoy seeing all the different colorways people have chosen. I am following Bonnie's colors for this one. They just spoke to me this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look absolutely beautiful! I love the variety of chartreuses you've used and these units look so great next to your previous units. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful colors! I am looking forward to seeing your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will have a most Stunning quilt!! I Love seeing the different colorways. Yours is Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colors are beautiful. You will have a great quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Stunning colors! My issue with clue #3 was the pressing: the units seemed ok until I distorted them with the iron... I chose to just finger press the seams in the units from clue #4.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your units look fantastic! I'm looking forward to seeing how yours comes out with that chocolate/neutral swap.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.