Friday, December 22, 2017

White Elephant

Every year where I work, they have a holiday gift exchange. It is one of those things where everyone buys a gift for about $20, wraps it up, and then the fun begins. Last year, I brought a Squatty Potty as it was a useful and fun gift. I was a little concerned when someone else brought one, too. Then, I realized how in demand the Squatty Potty really was. Much fun was had by all.
My rule for these things is I bring a gift I wouldn't mind taking home. This means that I'm not buying a chia pet, or a Santa on a motorcycle. This year I went with the Cuisinart Knife Set. I have the printed set and love them. I use the smallest knife almost daily. This means that if I end up going home with my own gift I'll call that a win.
I was going to make a box and wrap it up with some plain brown paper, but while I was making the box (from another box) I decided I should just grab my Sharpies and get to doodling.
After the box was taped up it was good enough for gifting.
Also included in that amazing box is an apron with the perfect machine embroidery design. The design is from Urban Threads Embroidery.

If you want to try a gift swap with your group of friends at work or at home, check out one set of rules from the Official White Elephant Rules website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.