Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Machine Knitting

A friend of min had some Lion Brand Mandala she no longer wanted. She gave it to me and I decided to turn it into hats. This is what it looked like on the machine before I started the decreases for the top of the hat. 
This photo, and the next, are more for me than you. Tension can be a tricky thing for a machine knitter. This is my tension setting on the yarn mast. I almost never change it. I just set it there and leave it alone. 
What I do change, is the stitch length selector. This gives me a big change when forming stitches. This is the setting I use for the body of the hat. I use a slightly smaller setting (4) for the brim. 
Here is an adult hat next to one of the baby hats I've been making. I think these came out great! I'll have to make a stack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.