Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Undead Poncho

As the days grow colder, I start looking at fleece, and all the things you can make with it, with longing.  Last Christmas, I gave away some fleece scarves and arm warmers to a bunch of the girls at work.  I didn't want anything in return, I just enjoy making things and thought it would keep them warm during winter.  In return, they purchased me a gift card for Joann Fabrics

I knew I wanted some fleece, so I picked up some fun fabric with winged skulls and roses.  Somewhere along the line, I'd picked up Buttericks' 5715 to make myself a poncho.  This fabric fit perfectly into that "eventually" plan.
I had some plain, black fleece for the contrast hood and yoke.  Sure, the pattern didn't call for it, but this is my poncho and I'll take any liberty I want with construction.
The new sewing machine sews like a champ.  I am still totally in love with the one step button hole, which is even easier with the on-screen set up for size.  I'll admit the poncho isn't perfect, but the first time I construct something I always learn ways to do it better the next time.  It may not be the warmest thing in my wardrobe, but it is fun and easy to wear.

If I make this again (which is likely) I think the yoke screams to be embroidered.  Maybe on my next holiday, if I don't get bogged down trying to figure out what to make for All Hallows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.