Monday, June 4, 2018

All the Yarn!

Last week I shared about a yarn party I had at my house with a friend. Now that the yarn has dried I figured I should show you what I ended up with. All the yarn we dyed was from Knit Picks.
First up is this amazingly bright and fun yarn. This is Bare Stroll Glimmer. I haven't decided on what I'm going to do with this yarn, but I'm excited about this colorway. If I had to give it a name, it would be Poison Ivy. These were made using Jacquard dye.
These candy-colored hanks were mostly made to test colors before coloring a full hank of fingering. These are Bare Stroll Sport. I used food coloring for most of these colors. The black speckle effect was done with black food coloring. I think I'll make up small hanks (about 20 grams each) for color testing next time.
This is the first set of knitted blanks I colored. This one was done with all food color dyes. This is 200 grams of Stroll Fingering.
This was my experiment with the PAAS egg coloring kits. Two kits got me these vibrant colors.  This is 200 grams of Stroll Fingering.
The second set of knitted blanks was 300 grams of Stroll Fingering. I varied the length of the colors from one end of the set to the other. I can't wait to see how this one works up. I might make a simple half-circle shawl to show this off. 
Here is my full stack of fresh yarn. This will keep me busy for a long time. (There is a single hank of purple in there that I dyed to finish another project.)

I still have more than 10 more hanks of fingering to dye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.