Monday, December 14, 2020

Sunshine Half-Square Triangles

I've had this fabric sitting around for ages. I made a quilt for a workmate several years ago when he and his wife had their little girl. That little girl is now at least eight years old. Time flies. 
I decided to make a bunch of half-square triangle blocks using the 5" charms. This idea came from a talk by Blair Stocker of Wise Craft Handmade during the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild virtual meeting in November. 
I worked on the units during my last quilt as a leader & ender. The units then spent a bunch of time on the design wall until Sunday when I sewed them into rows and columns.
Then I added a border to square it up and give those edges some stability. The finished size will be 40" by 40", a perfect size for a little tummy-time. I think it turned out quite well.  

1 comment:

  1. I love this quilt! I don't love making HST's, but I'll do it for this little number. Its colorful and I like that its square...perfect for babies or for a table topper under a vase of flowers. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.