Friday, May 13, 2016

Travel Knitting: Nymphalidea

I've been looking at shawl patterns to see what else is out there that I may like.
I picked a pattern and a couple skeins of yarn and got busy.
 Aren't these colors yummy! Yarn is Knit Picks Hawthorne.
All caked up and ready to knit.
I had to take a business trip and this seemed the perfect carry-along project. This is how far I got waiting at the first gate.
Great progress by the end of the first flight.
After checking in at the hotel.
On the flight back I continued to make progress, but it is terribly difficult to photograph once it gets shawl sized.
The night before the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival I finished it up and wove in the ends.
It is somewhat lumpy before blocking.
Sorry about the quality of this one. The light in the evening just isn't what it could be.
The blocking is a little more extreme than the pattern calls for, but I like being able to manipulate the knit when it is wet.

Do you have a favorite shawl pattern?

Pattern available on Ravelry from Melinda Vermeer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.