Monday, September 11, 2017

Bulky Yarn Makes for a Quick Knit

This is some bulky yarn I received from a friend. I started out with the size needles I thought would work. I was wrong. The fabric was entirely too stiff. I ripped back and started again.
This simple triangle shawl is a great quick project. I finished it in about 10 days. You can find this pattern on Ravelry as Medhel an Gwyns.
I liked it because it seemed like a quick project with bulky yarn. You could do this with other yarns and just keep repeating the eyelet and garter sections until you got to the length you were looking for.
I gave it a wash and a good stretch. It isn't as big as most of my shawls, more of a neck warmer than a proper shawl. Still a great finish, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.