Monday, January 3, 2022

Welcome to 2022

I want to start off the new year with a review of what I did in 2021. 
I quilted a total of 76 charity quilts in 2021. That exceeded my personal goal of 52 in a calendar year. This scrappy quilt is just one.
I made so many pairs of socks. These are likely my favorite because I made them using leftovers of Thick Sock from Knitterly Things. And, they are for me. Now that winter has arrived in the northern hemisphere I get to wear my wool socks every day and that's just wonderful!
I bought so much yarn! I need to go on a fiber diet! 
I made more masks. I'm sure I'll end up making more this year, too. 
I made 100 quilt blocks along with hundreds of other quilters. It was my introduction to Gnome Angel and the Kinship: 100 Block Fusion Sampler
I knit and crocheted a stack of hats for Knots of Love
I used my embroidery machine to make vaccine card holders for my friends. The (no longer available) design is from Off With Their Threads
I bought a pair of roller skates and got rolling. I hadn't been on skates in several decades so safety gear was a must. Wear your safety gear!
Then I bought another pair. I now have more skates than I need but I have so many options! Do something new this year! Learn to roller skate, learn to skateboard, get back on your bike. Get out and move!
The absolute best part was upgrading from the (Tin Lizzie) Empress long arm quilting machine on a 10-foot frame to this Innova, with Autopilot, on a 11-foot frame. Quilting with this machine a real dream. I'm glad I found a great deal on it second-hand. 

Have you looked back on 2021 to see what you've accomplished and overcome? It wasn't all bad, I promise. I hope you stick around this year to see what other things I make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.