Monday, January 17, 2022

Quilt Finish: Assemble!

I've had this fabric in my collection for a while. I knew it would become quilt binding one day. This past weekend was that day. I cut my strips and made that binding. The stripes on the fabric are not straight but sort of wavy. Striped binding is one of my favorites because it is just so much fun. 
Then, I attached it by machine and finished it with the machine for a quick finish. I rarely finish binding by hand any more. 
Second quilt finish of 2022. It took nearly a year from start to finish. Not because it was difficult but because I can't maintain focus on a single project to get it finished quickly. Buying backing slows things a bit, too. 

Learn more about the construction of this quilt in this post from April 2021.
Learn more about the quilting of this quilt in this post from December 2021.

Do you have a panel you aren't quite sure what to do with? I highly recommend Panel Pals from Hunter's Design Studio. This pattern (available both as a pdf download and paper pattern) will walk you through creating a pieced border for your panel and the addition of borders to bring that panel up to quilt size with great results. I even used techniques I learned in her book Quilt Talk to paper piece the corner blocks on my border. She is moving away from paper patterns so check out the deep discounts she has on paper products including an autographed copy of her book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.