Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Buried Treasure

This is my student desk. It was built by my father more than 50 years ago. I've had it my entire life. I use it as a dumping station. I've misplaced a book (I'm certain it is somewhere in the house) and this is where I started looking. I went through everything, recycled what I could and put things away. 
I managed to find the desktop, put things into storage, or out to recycles. Now, I can stack different things on this surface. 
I found some great test sews and embroideries. From center top:
  • self-drafted foundation paper pieced flying geese
  • two versions of the Pokémon Gengar I digitized and stitched out before stitching onto my chosen fabric
  • a very poorly digitized machine embroidery of Firefly
  • a couple test stitch-outs of a 20-sided die that I digitized
  • a notebook cover I drafted and stitched out, it has the cutting measurements written on the pieces
Have you found buried treasures in your creative space? 

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job clearing off the table. It is always fun to find fun treasures hidden under the stack especially things you forgot you had.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.