Saturday, October 6, 2007

Everyone is making babies.

It seems like everyone is going to have a baby. Okay, not everyone, but several of my friends and co-workers are pregnant. So, I have to get cracking before the moms start popping.

I have a huge selection of cotton fabrics for the job. The challenge is making enough of them work together to make a quilt. No wait, it would be more than one quilt. Usually, I find out about the parent's choices for baby's room, or at least the gender of the child, and do my shopping for each individual blanket. Honey has said I'm not allowed to buy any more fabric for this insanity. Thankfully, I do have some fabric on-hand.

One, two, three, four... I'm sure I'm missing at least one other pregnant couple.

My mission, should I choose to accept it, is to create no less than four baby blankets using the materials found in my fabric stash. I know, it won't be easy.


What you see here is my stash, what you don't see are the bins with smaller scraps. I suppose I should at least try to work some of those in, or even make a really scrappy quilt. Ah, the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.