Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Charity Quilting: Simple Squares

I was tidying up my sewing room and found this unfinished quilt top from Quilts for Kids hiding under some batting.  This what happens when you are creative - you misplace things (translation - I can't be bothered to tidy up so I lose sh.... stuff).
I changed the needle on the long arm, threaded it and set about quilting.  I just wanted to get this quilted and see if I had some inspiration for another quilt I'm working on.  This is the back of the quilt.
This is the simplest kit that the Annapolis Quilts for Kids hands out to quilters.  Really, if you want to practice and do good work at the same time you should check out local charities.  Where else do they give you fabric to practice on?
No borders to keep from waving, no complicated piecing, just straight stitching.  It only needs binding.

Do you volunteer your time and skills to charity?  Share!  I'd  love to learn about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.