Wednesday, May 8, 2019

2019 Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival

I promised to share the details about my recent trip to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. First, if you go to this event and have never seen the working dogs, you are totally missing out on some great work. The Sheepdog Demonstrations are great every year. I didn't get many photos but I think this one was the best.
I stopped buying yarn when my bag was full. That still took most of the day. There is so much to see at the festival. I want to try so many new yarns. Some shops are so crowded you can't even get into them. 
I want to share with you what I picked up. Some of these vendors have online shops, so if something sparks your interest, please check them out. Five skeins of fingering yarn and one set of needles is what I brought home. 
Avalon Springs Farm creates these bright and fun colorways. The cake on the top is yarn from the Sheep and Wool a couple years ago. I bought two cakes, then finished a shawl using a single skein. That gave me an excuse to buy another skein and hope it matched. I think these will work together quite nicely. Now to figure out what to make.
New to me this year is Yarn Hero Fiber Arts. I have been searching for something like this for a while and here it is. And local to Maryland! I think I know the perfect pattern to combine these two yarns.
I cannot resist a colorful skein of sock yarn from into the whirled. I envision this yarn becoming a pair of socks or some fun arm warmers.
To show you how much I can't resist this yarn, here is my collection, spanning three years of Sheep and Wool Festival. I need to get knitting!
Last on the list was Knitter's Pride 5/3.75mm Marblz Fixed Circular Needles, 47" and some fun yarn from Bitsy Knits.

I hope to work through some of this yarn before the festival comes around again next year. Not that having yarn will stop me from buying more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.