Monday, May 13, 2019

Hello Internet!

I'm back on the net!

Okay, I never really left, but there was a short period (a couple hours) while I realized I couldn't get to the internet, did some troubleshooting (if you can't see any connections, and you usually see several, chances are the adapter is bad), and got some hardware to hold me over until the part would arrive. You can read all about that fun time in this post from a couple weeks ago.
Last week, my WiFi adapter arrived from Dell. It came as quite a shock that I couldn't buy the part on Amazon.
Yesterday, I popped open the case, removed the fan shroud, and replaced the tiny offender. 
I reconnected everything, pushed the all-important on/off switch and was pleased to find a cornucopia of connections available. I've since removed the USB WiFi adapter and am happily back on the internal card. Now, I can surf the net in style. Okay, not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.