Monday, April 12, 2021

More Masks

A friend asked for some more masks so I grabbed some fabrics and got cutting. Lining and outer pieces cut and ready to go. Now, where did I leave those adjustable ear bands? 
I searched and searched and couldn't find them. I ended up having to do some tidying to find them. They were somewhat buried in the piles of creativity I have on my cutting table. I didn't have to dig very deep after all. That cutting table is still a mess.
These masks are really easy to cut with quilting rulers and your rotary cutter. You can get all the details in this tutorial from January
I recommend making at least two at a time, four is even better. I find it is just easier to send each one through the machine without breaking the thread unless you have to. 
I cut and finished 13 masks in a day. A day that included other things. 
While I believe people should take this opportunity to express themselves with their masks, some people work in places that just won't tolerate that kind of expression (boo!). That's when understated masks make the cut. Otherwise, wear that The Walking Dead mask, or the Skittles mask. Make a statement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.