Monday, January 23, 2023

Double Wedding Ring

It has been months since I worked on this quilt. I picked up the backing a couple months ago but hadn't gotten around to quilting. I decided it was time to make some progress. I designed the label using my embroidery design software. I like to embroider the label directly onto the backing fabric. 
I used my new roll of Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 Cotton Blend batting. I'm happy I decided to try this batting. It's great! I like the definition it gives the quilting. 
I chose a dark gray thread. 
Loaded and got quilting. 
The quilting on this involved three different designs. One for the centers, another for the mellons. 
The last design, is only used in the corners and it is by far my favorite. 
Trimmed and ready for binding. 
I don't know that I would quilt another with this level of detail. It took weeks because of all the starts and stops. Hopefully it won't take me another three months to get the binding done. 

Don't forget the label!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.