Friday, March 22, 2024

Charming: Phesant Hill

This is my second post about one of my charm pack quilts. Check out the first post from last week to see the cutting tools.
When I say I didn't plan this layout you will just have to believe me. I just grabbed contrasting colors and stitched them into pairs. Then stitched the pairs into sets of four, and so one until I had a row of 16 tumblers. Then I added one more to the end for a total of 17 per row.
I tried to get them to line up so there weren't too many of the same fabrics touching. Sometimes I was more successful than others. 
Once I had the center pieced, I trimmed up the uneven edges and started adding the borders.
A narrow border followed by a wider border is a tried and true method. These are not my colors but I like it anyway. I need some backing to get it finished up. Overall, this quilt was a quick way to use up some fabric that's been hanging around too long.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.