Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Pieces of Love: (Un-)Quilting

I picked this beautiful color thread to quilt my Pieces of Love quilt.
I loaded it up and ready to quilt.
I quilted two rows of this delightful all-over feather. And hated every stitch. It was too dense. It didn't come close to what I imagined this would look like stitched out on this quilt. 
Then, over the course of the week, I spent over four hours ripping out those two rows of quilting. It was back breaking, exhausting, and sad. 
It made quite a mess. And I ripped more than a couple holes in the backing fabric. Thank goodness I bought the wide backing. 
After all that ripping, I spent more time cleaning up the threads and pressing the quilt top, with starch, to get it smoothed out enough to quilt again. My Pieces of Love quilt will get quilted. Just not with these fancy feathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.