Friday, June 7, 2024

Scrappy Four-Patch in Square

Sometimes we make scraps. These are the leftover strips from squaring up my blocks.
I saw a YouTube video about making the four-patch in square block. These are super easy to make and use up scraps. The center four-patch is pieced using contrasting 2.5" strips. the corners were cut using the half-square triangle Accuquilt Go die. You can also cut a 4.5" square on the diagonal. 
After piecing, you will have to square them up and trim off the excess. This where my 6.5" square ruler comes in handy. It has markings for the center of the ruler that make it so easy to get the block squared up.
I also used my Fiskars rotating mat so I wouldn't have to reposition the ruler. Just trim two sides, rotate the mat 180 degrees and repeat. 
I trimmed up a good stack of these. Next I'll choose a layout and get them sewn into a little quilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.