Monday, March 12, 2018

Block Lottery: Tulip Time

This is my next installment of the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild block lottery. This time we're using the free tutorial by Samelia's Mum to make applique tulips. The pattern is called Tulip Time.
I determined how many blocks I could get out of one width of fabric cut. The answer was six blocks so that's how many I made. I traced the shapes onto my fusible (like Pellon 805 Wonder Under) and cut them out with a little bit of extra room.
The background is light gray to fit with the coordinators request. I was pleasantly surprised to learn each of these shapes will fit onto a 5" charm square. You can even get two of the leaf/stem bits to fit onto a single 5" charm. It was a great time to go through my stack of charms and pick a few to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.