Friday, March 30, 2018

Get It Done UFO Challenge 2018 - March

This is the March installment of the Get It Done UFO Challenge 2018.
The challenge this month is for Number 9. My number nine is On Ringo Lake. It was a risk putting it on the Challenge list, but otherwise I may never finish it. 
I've been working on it between other projects. I pieced all the blocks. This shows them laid out without sashing. 
I finished all the sashing early in the month. Time to get to the assembly.
On point blocks are a challenge. On point, with sashings is even more challenging. I sure hope all those sashings are in the right spot!
I really like how my quilt differs from hundreds of others. Next step: quilting!
I loaded it up and got quilting. I wanted the quilting to run down the length of the quilt, so I loaded it on the frame so a long side is parallel with the rails. 
The back is a great diagonal hash that hides the thread. I used these wavy lines as an all over design. I didn't want the quilting to compete with the piecing. Not that the piecing is perfect. Just that with all that piecing seeing quilting detail won't be easy.
I used So Fine #50 from Superior Threads for the top thread and Omni in a coordinating gray for the bobbin thread. 
I embroidered the label onto a piece of leftover green fabric. Normally I embroider the label directly onto the backing fabric, but I remembered to do it after I had loaded the backing, batting, and top onto the frame. The label came out great, so no loss there. I had about a yard of the green print so it was the perfect choice for the binding. The lighting in this photo makes the fabric look much more yellow than it is in person. 
In this picture the label looks closer to the right color. Labeled and bound makes that a finish!

I wonder what's next on the Get It Done UFO Challenge? Because I'm ready. 

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! As I've told you repeatedly, this is my favorite ORL quilt and the quilting that you did is just perfect for it! I really love the green binding too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great in pink and green. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.