Monday, September 12, 2022

Machine Knitting

I tried another version of this shawl. Sometimes I fail to read my work. For those of you that don't knit, or crochet, it is just where you look at what you have already done so you know where to place your increases and decreases later in the work. This is a great example of that not happening. Those three little holes don't belong. I had to remove the work from the machine and start over. 
Then I had my marks on the machine bed and knew what to look for when doing the increase rows. Then the wedges came out looking great. The only indication are the little points where they almost line up. 
I made thirteen wedges and hoped I would have enough yarn to finish off the top edge with I-cord. 
I finished the top edge with an I-cord bind off and had plenty of yarn to spare. An I-cord finish is great but always seems to take forever when doing it by hand. This what it looked like before I steamed it. 
Stretching, and steaming worked out all those lumps and curls. It also gave it some flow that the freshly-knit fabric didn't have. 
This is not a small shawl. If falls to my wrists and is more than a half-circle. That helps it hang over the shoulders easily. 
It bundles up nicely around the neck, too. A great project all around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.