Monday, September 5, 2022

Garment Sewing

A friend pointed me to this simple pattern from Helen's Closet. There was a sale so I picked it up along with a couple other patterns. 
I wanted to save some time so I popped over to PDF Plotting and placed an order for pattern printing. If you like digital patterns but not the piecing together of pages you print on your home printer, check them out. They have very reasonable prices and usually print and ship the next business day. I had my patterns in a couple days. Make sure you add several patterns to the order to save on shipping. You'll pay the same to ship one page as to ship a dozen. I added five patterns to this order. They print patterns in both black and white and color.
I traced my chosen size onto paper and cut it out. I modified the pattern slightly to make it more A-line than the original. 
I grabbed a bundle of indigo denim that Aunt Betty gave me a couple years ago. I'm sure I'll use this fabric again. And maybe another time after that. 
I made my bias binding using this fun print. Sure, most people won't see it but I know it's there. 
I sewed French seams to keep everything neat and tidy. I will definitely make another. The next one won't be A-line and the hem will be somewhat shorter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.