Monday, January 2, 2017

Elizabeth Swoons

This post was going to be part of my 31-Days of Blog Writing Challenge but that post was entirely too long with this stuff. I had to yank this project out and put it here.
I picked up some of this fun Tula Pink fabric a while back. I knew I wanted to make a wallet with it but I hadn't found a pattern. Then, I found the Pearl Wallet Clutch from Swoon. I have a few patterns from Swoon (they do have a couple free patterns if you want to see what one is like). The digital download versions are fast to purchase and really fit that instant-gratification mindset. I decided to settle down long enough to combine the fabric and the pattern into a fun wallet. (This photo, with the snap in the middle of Elizabeth's forehead can't even be seen on the finished wallet.)
This is the outside where you can see her smiling face.  (See, no snap.)
I used a few coordinating solids to fill out the collection of prints. The bright pink is an American Made Brand solid. The green is a Connecting Threads solid. You can't see inside the zipper compartment to see a light blue solid; I don't know where that one came from.
This wallet is nice, it has room for my cell phone, and it is sturdy. This was one of the first times I have used Pellon Peltex. Sadly, it isn't the wallet I want. This isn't the pattern's fault. It is clearly written and easy to follow. It just isn't the wallet that fits with my life. It did teach me a few things about wallet construction, so I'm not giving up. There is also a wonderful tutorial by Erin of Diedel*Bug Handmade to make this into a zip-around wallet that I want to try. I'll let you know how it works out.
I have more hardware to make another, so we shall see where the wallet journey takes me. Sadly, I was so excited about this project that I fussy-cut the Elizabeths from the fat quarter and have no more to cut. Happy news! I have another fat quarter!

Print fabrics purchased at Cottonseed Glory in Annapolis, MD
Digital download from Swoon: Pearl Wallet Clutch

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.