Friday, January 27, 2017

Knitting Update: Another Dotted Rays

I've cast on the first shawl of 2017. I know, I know. How many shawls does one person need? The answer is one. But since I still have yarn...
This yarn is Hawthorne from Knit Picks. I purchased a sampler pack a while back and when Stephen West put out his new pattern for another Dotted Rays shawl I grabbed these three cakes and came up with a plan. The pattern is Dotted Rays - Speckled Fade. Since I didn't have a collection of speckled yarn I went with this collection.The colors are different enough and similar enough.
This one starts out like a Dotted Rays and then uses stripes to blend the colors together. I had made one using two colors a while back but I wanted to give this method a try. If you have the original Dotted Rays pattern you can find a simple formula for making your fade on Ravelry.
I know it is a little strange but I like where it is going.
I still love this pattern. So simple and soothing! I also love an i-cord edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.