Wednesday, April 24, 2019

What I'm Working On

As many of you know, I always have more than one thing going at a time. This is partly because I get an idea and I have to give it a shot before the idea gets away. The muse can be fickle.
This poncho is that kind of thing. I wanted to make an asymmetrical poncho based on the Dotted Rays shawl by Stephen West. This is my attempt to make that idea a reality. I grabbed some of the yarn from Aunt Betty and cast on.
Until the piece is big enough to be a collar, it's just a Dotted Rays. Then, I used the Kitchener stitch to join the i-cord edging and kept going. I'm using short rows so I can keep working in garter stitch. I have no idea if this is going to work, but so far it's going rather well.
I'm still working on this small fans shawl from last week. It's slow going, but it is my grab-and-go project. Which means I only work on it intermittently.
I caked up this Cascade from Aunt Betty because I have an idea for a crochet poncho and I needed some yarn to work with. This may come to nothing, but the yarn sure is pretty. I'm hoping my Top-Down Crochet Sweater book can help me crack this project.
Then, there is this crazy idea. Right now, it's just a really bit print out. The mermaid design is the hand embroidery design Midnight Magic - Mermaid. I have big plans for this. Very early stages, though. We'll see how it works out.
What have you been working on? Anything really fun with fabric or fiber?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.