Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Aunt Betty Strikes Again

In case you haven't heard of Aunt Betty, you should check out my tagged blog posts on the matter. If you want a quick primer, you should check out this Professor Pincushion video which explains it all. 
Over the last couple weeks a friend of mine has been cleaning up her sewing room. Partly to clear the clutter and partly to make room to work. Some of that decluttering went to the thrift store and some came to me. I am like an overzealous fosterer when it comes to fabric. I love it so much I can't say no. 

That's right, five trash bags full of fibery treasures. What's inside? Well, mostly a thing I don't really have much of: knits. 
Let's save some time and post a couple collages. Here we have each bag of fabric dumped out. 
Then, each fabric (not in the same order, surely) but folded and stacked neatly. There are some wovens in there, some fleece, some denim. A generally fun mix of fabrics. I see so much sewing ahead of me. I may have to reinstitute Wardrobe Wednesdays while I work through some of this fabric. Remember, if you sew your own clothes you get to add pockets to everything. 

Pattern designers I'm supporting in this endeavor:
Ellie & Mac Sewing Patterns

Not a fan of printing on your home printer and assembling patterns yourself? I highly recommend PDF Plotting. They offer excellent service at a reasonable price. Save on shipping by sending several patterns at time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.