Monday, December 7, 2020

Yarn Basket Bag

I've been eyeing the Basket Bag pattern by Michelle Patterns for a while.
When I saw it on sale for 25% off (still on sale as I write this blog post) I grabbed it. The cutting and sewing directions are clear and easy to follow. I cut in the morning and had a finished bag by lunch time. 
This was my test sew of the largest size and it is perfect for holding yarn and bunches of yarn at that. This would be a great little bag as a base for a gift basket. A small one with a couple hanks of yarn and some stitch markers for your favorite knitter would be great! Or filled with handmade washcloths, handmade soap, a couple bath bombs, and lotion for the friend that likes to pamper themselves. So many options!
I learned the pattern and what I might want to change when making another. That isn't a critisizm of the designer. Everyone has their own workflow and how they like their finished objects. Make as many patterns from as many designers as possible. It will help you learn what you like in construction and your favorite techniques. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.