Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Quilt Backing Fabric

Over the last year or so, I've been piecing quilts primarily from my collection of fabric. This is a great way to use what you have but I reached the point where the quilts couldn't become true quilts because I do not have a collection of backing fabrics. I stuffed these three quilt tops into my Spring Water Designs bag and headed out for backings. They always have a good selection of wide backing fabric. 
First was this kit quilt I made using a kit from one of the big box stores. The blue in the foreground is a fabric I found on the discount shelf. A great match. The cream print under the quilt top is the wide backing I chose for this one. Check out the full quilt in this post from November 2020.
This quilt top was made using the Florid Bloom template set and Double Wedding Ring Quilts book from Victoria Findlay Wolfe. This backing isn't perfect for this quilt but it was too great to pass up. Check out my Florid Bloom quilt post from September 2020 to see the whole quilt. 
This backing speaks to my love of busy backs and the colors couldn't be more perfect. Now to decide if I want to quilt this with red or blue thread. Check out my Assemble! quilt in this post from April 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.