Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Scrappy Quarter Cabins

I have a big bag of scraps left over from making charity quilts. I wanted some simple sewing so I decided to make some Scrappy Quarter Cabins. I learned this technique from Christina Cameli on her blog A Few Scraps. If you need more help than you like, there is also an online course. Nine blocks is a good start!
I'm sure I will be making these for a while before I have enough for a small quilt. I made a large one in August 2020 you can read about in this post

I will share my list of tools below, if you want check them out. These blocks are really easy and fun to make. The rotating mat is not a requirement but it is nice to have for squaring up these blocks. I also use spray starch when pressing so the blocks will stay nice and flat until I assemble the quilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.