Wednesday, April 20, 2022

What Makes Prom

What does one do when asked to help out with the prom project? One goes with it. I grabbed some fabrics from my collection and a pattern and got busy with a simple wearable muslin. This is the only simple part of this project. 
Embroider some butterflies on organza (which I had in a box for some reason). This design is Whimsical Butterfly from Urban Threads
And do some shopping for suitable fabrics. This wonderful rose embossed fabric for the vest. 
Add some chiffon and butterflies on fine tulle and I was ready to go. Bringing a fashion vision to life is a challenge and I hope I don't miss the mark. This photo looks mostly gray but it is black butterfly tulle hung over navy chiffon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.