Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Fleece Sewing

A friend of mine has one of those really big skeletons from Halloween. He wants to dress the big one up as a skeletal Santa and the little ones up as elves. He asked if I could make them some hats. I said sure. This is the stack of fabrics I pulled that met the red, green, black, and white requirements. 
Step two was to measure the skull circumference of one of the small skeletons. We have one sitting around so that was an easy step. Then I found a free pattern, and tutorial for a Santa hat at Fleece Fun
I made one to test my sizing. Just a little loose. Time to make the hat for the big guy. 
I supersized the pattern from Fleece Fun based on the measurements my friend sent me. 
I made the ball for the end of the pointy hat. 
And sewed it up into a huge hat. 
This is how big it is. Big enough to cover the shoulders of my dress form. 
Then I cut and sewed six elf hats. 
Aren't these delightful!
This was a great project. I can't wait to see the pictures of the skeletons and their hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.