Friday, October 27, 2023

Die Cutting the Leftovers

When I trim a charity quilt, I set aside the trimmings in this bin. It is overflowing with scrappy goodness. 
I decided to do some sorting by size. 
My goal was to cut some of those leftovers into usable pieces. I sorted the scraps into some general sizes. These sizes become binding, borders, and blocks. 
Then I sat down with my biggest leftovers, in this case the pieces that could easily be cut into 6.5" squares. These are the easiest to make into a charity quilt quickly. Thirty squares sewn in five rows of six squares and you almost have a quilt. Just add borders. Not into borders? Just add another row and column (6 blocks by 7 blocks, for 42 total squares) and you have a little quilt top. After cutting this stack I didn't even make a dent in that bin of fabric. I did have some pieces that moved into another size category.

Accuquilt Go! - This is the basic kit that I started with. The cutter, one die, and mat.
Accuquilt Ready. Set. Go! - New to Accuquilt and ready to jump into the Accuquilt Go! with both feet? This is the set for you. It includes the 8 Inch Qube and a strip cutter. 
8 Inch Qube - Already have an Accuquilt Go! and just want to add to your collection of dies?

The 6.5" square is the die I used to cut all these squares. 
AccuQuilt GO! Fabric Cutting Dies; Square 6-1/2 inch

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.