Friday, May 14, 2010

Going Away

All of the ladies are moving this year, even me. That means that it is time for goodbyes. I didn't want anyone to go away without something to remind each of them how much they warmed my heart during the long, cold winters and our entire time here.
Jen is a big fan of pink. Pink everything. After all that sewing, I finally settled on Montana Spring as the name for this quilt. I'm sure it will come in handy at least a couple days in Knoxville.
June just needed a purple quilt. The Purple People Heater has found a great new home. She'll need it when she sees her first New England winter.

Lawena needed something that no one in Hawaii had. Okay, people in Hawaii don't need quilts. That isn't the point. She will take this reminder of Montana Winter back to the islands with her.

Three quilts, made in Montana, each off on a journey to another part of the world. How far does a quilt travel in its lifetime? I don't know, I just want those travels to be safe and joyous, no matter where they lead.

Fair winds, ladies. I'm sure we'll cross paths again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.