Saturday, April 9, 2011

Polka Dot Madness

I've been drawn to polka dots lately, I'm not sure why.  So, when I pulled from my stash to try out a new pattern, I grabbed this cute green and pink fabric and a coordinating floral print.
The palette.
Loads of pinning and cutting later, I had all the bits of a dress, time to get with the stitching.
I used two fabrics for a couple reasons.  One, who wants a plain dress, and two, isn't it just more fun this way?
The pattern didn't call for a fully lined bodice, but I wanted one anyway.
Here it is before the zip, hem and bodice lining.  This is the best lighting of the day, so I'm glad I snapped this before I was done.
Zips aren't my strong suit.  I'll keep trying, though.  Hopefully I'll get better as I go along.
The lining is stitched and pressed to the inside.  The lining is pinned down for hand-finishing.
Here it is all finished.  Sure, it would look better with someone wearing it. 
I'm also not chasing a dog around so I can get that picture for you and my brand new spring dress dirty in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.