Thursday, November 3, 2011

Praia, Cape Verde, a look at the sea



The birthplace of Atlantic hurricanes looks pretty good from this side of the pond.
This is the port in Praia, Cape Verde.  What you don't see, is the huge swell that comes in and nearly rolls over the pier on its way in.  Large container ships rock at the pier alarmingly.
It appears this voyage did not end well.  Okay, so I only have proof the vessel did not end well.
They are making progress on the jetty that will eventually stop that dangerous swell from heading into port.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.