Friday, September 28, 2012

Shrugged

I was in Key West when I saw a girl with a hoodie shrug.  I thought to myself "I can make that."  That was months ago.  Today, I got the urge to make it reality.  I picked up this hooded sweatshirt at the thrift store a while back to create this shrug.  Here it is before I started to chop it up.
First, I cut off the bottom ribbing and made a cut about two inches below the bottom of the sleeves and opened up the front, being careful to leave room for the ribbing.
I pinned and stretched the ribbing to fit my new, shaped edge.  It gathers a little more than I like, but it does the job.
Here its, all finished up.  Of course, today the weather is too warm for it, but I'll be set when the cooler evenings start coming around more often.  Project cost:  $5 thrift store sweatshirt + 1 hour cutting and sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.